Monday, December 19, 2011

cupcake garland

In addition to finding fabulous fabric for pillows at Ikea, I also grabbed some of these paper cupcake liners (well, they're more for candy and chocolates). I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them, but they were pretty. I thought I would try stringing them together to make a pretty garland. It worked surprisingly well and was quite easy and fast. I was planning on making several strands of varying length and hanging them from a doorway, but for now I've only made one and it's enjoying a spot on the Christmas tree.

And...they match my pillows!







7 comments:

  1. super cute! i have seen cupcake liner garlands around but flattened and done like flowers (if that makes sense), but i really like this version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! And yes, I know exactly what you're talking about with the flattened version. I thought I would attempt this way to showcase the design a bit more, but I'm curious what the other way would look like. Good thing there were over 200 liners in the pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your version of the garland best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you fasten them together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just used a needle and white thread.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...